GROUNDS WORKING GROUP PROJECTS COMPLETED OR UNDERWAY
As of November 12, 2015
- Constructed/installed two new benches, planted hostas at the Guysborough – Eakin Park small park.
- Removed two large limbs hanging over sidewalk/ parking space at lower Eakin.
- Treated Pachysandra attacked by leaf spot with fungicide.
- Aerated, fertilized and over-seeded turf in the common areas.
- Experimental “mulch seeding” to remedy bare spots in the turf underway in three locations.
- Three willow oaks are being planting as part of an ongoing process to create a second generation of shade trees in the Mews.
- Erosion control project located behind residences on the east side of Readsborough to extend a number of downspouts underground across community land to drain into Bear Run.